Sunday, June 21, 2009

Little league is FINALLY OVER!!! Almost

Monday the 15th of June came and I was one happy person. I was so ready to be done with little league. It wasnt like it was really that hard but it just seemed like my life revolved around being at the ball fields. I was dreaming about plays and who was playing where. I had so much fun with the kids. I coached 2 teams and It was fun getting to know all the different kids and their personalities. But I have to say Im glad that the 3 and 4 ball games a week, draging the fields, announcing the games, practicing, and playing on 2 teams of my own that had 2 and 3 games a week got a little crazy. SO now for the almost part. We now have All Stars to go through. Only a few more weeks and then, little league will be over and Jr. High Softball will start. You gotta love it.

Jordyn waiting for the other team to hit the ball to her.
Jordyn trying to hit a home run. She (and everyone else) always either wanted to be first or last. I finally told her it was o.k. to hit 5th or 6th cause she could still run. So even if we were yelling at her to stop on the base she took it upon herself to run all the way around. I guess its better to get a home run every time. Not just when you are the last batter.


Easton decided the very last at bat of the season to get up and hit left handed and I looked back at Cole in shock not sure what to do, and he said, "let him try it." He will be fine. I have to say he did just as good left as he did right. I think he starting to think he is like a major league player or something.





Sometimes it took a little extra excouraging for Easton. He got bored to fast and wanted to just hit. He is only 4 so he technically shouldnt be playing yet but because I was coaching they let him play. Over all he did pretty good and learned alot. I can't wait to see what he does next year.




Me and my little T-ballers. We had our ups and downs but had a good time and learned alot.



Me and my girls. I pulled Madi up to Majors this year because I just really did not want to coach 3 teams again. I did that last year and it was so hard. So this year she got to come and learn to play with the older kids and I was very proud of her accomplishments. Madi is tough and is so willing to learn. Ashlyn did really well also. This is her last year in Little league so hopefully she has learned enough to get her through the next few years. I enjoyed spending the time with my kids. Lots of hours but very worth it. Now we move on to All Stars. Madi will be playing in the Minor division in Round Valley and Ashlyn with the Majors in Flagstaff. Ill post after the tournaments are over and let you know how they did.





4 comments:

melinda said...

Wow! You are awesome to coach both those teams and THREE last year?!? And, what cute pictures!!

Teresa :) said...

woo-hoo! I dont thing I realized quite how much ball you were really doing but man that is alot! No wonder you are so excited to be done. :)

Kourtney Dawn said...

Makes me tired just reading it!!! Good heck what a busy summer!!! Let us know when all star games are!!!

kaitlynn said...

Geez..Traci, you are the woman. Let us know when the games in Flag are, we might swing by and support Ashlyn.