Monday, August 10, 2009

WARNING--- Not for the Faint!!!

I hope these pictures do not gross anyone out. Last Friday Cole had a game in Taylor. They were in the top of the 7th inning down by two when Cole out of the blue makes this amazing catch, but in the mean time does not realize the fence is right there to stop him. He hits the fence full force, hitting his head , arm, and lip against the fence and toe into the cement wall on the bottom of the fence, and on his way down caught the top of the wall with his chin. I knew he was hurt because he was not getting up as fast as he usually does, but waited for a few seconds to see if he would stand up. Well when he did he realized that his pant leg was full of blood and when he pulled his pants up he discover this huge cut in his leg. Amazingly enough he actually caught the ball and that was the third out. Unfortunately we had to hurry Cole to the ER for some stitches. It was bleeding really bad and we could not get it to stop so Brian Merrill kindly jumped in with us and held a shirt over the cut to stop the bleeding. The other team we were playing ended up winning by one run. They were a little bit rude about the whole thing and were not very nice. With Cole and Brian leaving it left them with only 7 players. That catch was one expensive catch, and I can guarantee you Cole will NOT be doing this again until they fix that fence in Taylor. We were very grateful it did not get his knee. He would of for sure broke it. Thank you Brian for helping us out. I really appreciate your kindness, and thanks to everyone who called and came by to check up on Cole and for your thoughts. And most of all to Heather who without a blink of an eye took my kids and got them all situated and had them taken care of before I could say Boo. What an awesome friend she is to me. You will never know how much that meant to me. What would we do with out good friends. Love you all. Sorry they are not very good, I only had my phone with me and I did'nt get to take them after he was all cleaned up because my battery died. (BEWARE -- these are gross and yes it is clear to the bone.)

BEFORE THE STITCHES




AFTER!!!











4 comments:

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

Oh boy that looks terrible. Hopefully it will all heal and he'll be back to normal soon. It sounds like a nice catch though!!

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

Oh my gosh thats so scary Tracy!!! I am so glad that its didnt happen to his knee tho. Hope he heals up quick.hope ur doing good!

dude said...

OH DANG!!!!! Nice catch dude. Maybe there were some scouts at the game thhat saw that to make it worth while.

Ryan Montgomery said...

You should have left it because then he could have had a heart shaped scar. At least he can settle for V for Victory.